Sunday, April 23, 2023

sijo - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse : Pestilence

The White Horse.


image by dsnake1
generated on game console with SoulCalibur V




sijo - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse : Pestilence


they know me by many names
but i only want them to know fear

for the gifts my minions bring
burn like fire, multiple like locusts

what is the black plague then
when i have new terrors to unleash?


2014
****



SoulCalibur V is a copyrighted video game published by Namco Bandai Games.





BAND-MAID - The Dragon Cries





© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ) 2023

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger colleen said...

I first read "White House" and that works too! Very direct and foreboding!

23 April, 2023 02:14  
Blogger dsnake1 said...


🤣🤣🤣
Quite true, quite true!

23 April, 2023 15:55  
Blogger Jim said...

"new terrors" might not be impressed with the 'old' plagues.
A fun read, makes one want to go on with it.
..

24 April, 2023 04:45  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thank you, Jim!

"New terrors" like COVID are scary too, but I find the 'old' plagues more terrifying. :)

24 April, 2023 09:17  
Blogger Priscilla King said...

I'd be more afraid of bubonic fever or tuberculosis than of COVID too.

24 April, 2023 12:35  
Anonymous Rajani said...

The more we advance, the more the terrors do too... pathogens included.

24 April, 2023 12:53  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Priscilla,

Yes, bubonic fever and TB are more fatal. :(


Rajani,

Thank you!
Perhaps because of better and easier means of transportation, the easier it is for pathogens to spread. :(

24 April, 2023 21:51  
Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Spare and powerful, full of foreboding. Now I want to read the other three.

I've been playing with the sijo myself a bit, lately. This of yours is a great use of the form.

24 April, 2023 22:39  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thank you, Rosemary!

The sijo is, I think a very elegant form. Though short it is able to show much.

Lately I was introduced to new forms at the poem-a-day community I joined, and I have tried my hand at a couple. :)

25 April, 2023 21:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home