Tuesday, July 28, 2009

janice

Alright, I am still up to the nose with work, and I have survived a week (or two) of the flu, so I have to dig another one from the NaPoWriMo archives. This one is from the 14th day. Some slight revision done. I even throw in a drawing I have done. :)

This is the first dance I ever had, that's why it sort of stays in the mind. :)


janice, drawing by dsnake1
image by dsnake1



janice


always
that dance
      it plays
      all over
like a jammed vinyl
      when i hear
      that song
in a store
the train the radio
though it has been
almost
     a lifetime
since
we left
and still
like a bridge
across time
      i see
just the two
of us
though there are others
on the dance floor
      my hand
on your slim waist
your warm body
close to mine
a hint
of heady
perfume

and me
trying very hard
not to step
      on your shoes.

14/04/09
revised 23/06/09




If you want to compare the original poem, it's here

The picture is a scan of a pencil drawing on paper which was done a long time ago.

words and image © cheong lee san, 2009

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the simplicity and the innocence portrayed. A quiet, nostalgic green patch. Thanks for sharing.

14 August, 2009 23:40  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

kondratas,
thanks for visiting and leaving your comments. :)

15 August, 2009 23:21  
Anonymous gel said...

Oh, I love seeing a portrait of her. Poignant, quiet, youth. My heart dances reading and seeing.
Miss you!
(Please note the new blog link.)

10 October, 2009 10:20  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

hey gel,
great to hear from you!

i think it's a nice little drawing too. that was actually done a long time ago. you should see the colour of the paper..:)

i have not been posting much lately because of work ( i know, the same old excuse).

and thanks for the link. SoulCrayons, that's a beautiful name for a blog. :)

12 October, 2009 20:11  
Blogger J. Diaz said...

i like the poems you wrote here.

18 November, 2009 18:57  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Jade,
thanks for visiting. :)

18 November, 2009 23:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home