Saturday, May 02, 2009

NaPoWriMo 2009 (final part, sort of)

If you ask me in early March, I would say that it's crazy, I won't do NaPoWriMo. 30 poems in 30 days? Hey, sometimes I struggle to post one in two weeks.

And here I am, at the finishing line, 30 pieces in 30 days. I am not sure what pushed me at the end of March (madness perhaps) to take part, but I decided to see how far I can run. And boy, it sure was pretty far.

And looking back, I quite enjoyed the run too. Some of the poems, in my opinion, are not too bad either. Best of all, I have a ready library that, when I run out of stuff to post, I can dig one out to use. :)


Stacks of paper
photo by ppdigital
image from morguefile.com



So here's the rest to complete the list :


NaPoWriMo #30 - going home


NaPoWriMo #29 - gangster movie

NaPoWriMo #28 - movie

NaPoWriMo #27 - owl

NaPoWriMo #26 - sparrow


And for those masochists who want to read the whole lot, click here!. :)


© cheong lee san, 2009

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job ...you had it in you

Nasra

15 May, 2009 19:00  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thank you, Nasra!

great to hear from you. :)

15 May, 2009 23:13  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

Well, 'masochist' here reporting for duty. (grin, grin) I'm reading from #30 to #1, and writing this comment while at it...

#29 got me hooked, and made me chuckle at the end. It reminded me of Hong Kong style films (which I'm a fan of).

#28 (I also love the way John Travolta walks. Teehee.)

Re: #23. I like the idea of raindrops "scattering into the room." Like magic. ;)

Re: #15. The first four lines have an impressive effect -- soul-crushing-sad, in the way the scene and the tone carry the unsaid (but obvious) loneliness.

Re: #9. Loved the details (and the expression thereof) in the first four stanzas. They complement the photo well.

#3 - compact, with solid imagery. It captures the single frame, the one scene, perfectly.

Cheers.

04 June, 2009 04:26  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

wow, S.L., you read the whole lot! :)

thanks for your comments, makes my NaPoWriMo efforts worthwhile. :)


#23 is one of my personal favourites from the series. not a word too many, brief, yet detailed. same for #3 as well. oh, i am praising my own work!

#15 came out of a writing prompt. i was at this site, oneword.com, where they come out with a single word every day, and you are required to write something (a line of prose, a poem, a rant, etc) in 60 seconds. i took what i had written in that minute, edit it a bit, and that's it, NaPoWriMo#15.:)

05 June, 2009 00:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home