Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hot Night

I have been missing for some time, the past few weeks were pretty hectic. I couldn't come out with something new, so here's a piece from my old days. The style is quite different from what I am writing now. (I guess that's called evolution) :)

I am posting it anyway, warts and pimples and all.


Fan
photo © bhailu7
image from morguefile.com


Hot Night!


Blank thoughts on a blank sheet
Yes, I had lots to write.
I stumbled, I grumbled, but again I will try.
My luck, it seems, had run dry.
Just lost a bundle yesterday night.
Things seem pretty bad these few days.
Might break my heart, make me die.

As I am sitting at this dining table
Trying to write the story of my life
This damn mosquito darted across my eyes
I dug my nose, maybe the darn insect has got inside.
The freaking weather got humid and warm again,
The breeze had stopped, as sudden as it came.
The temperature had got around playing games

Guess i would better switch on the fan.
(now, where's that damn knob)
Lie down and get some sleep.
(Hey! What's that wailing across the block?)

11:50 p.m.
06.03.1983
**********



© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 )

Did you hear chalk screeching on the blackboard?
I will try to post some new stuff soon. :)

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Oh, I like the chalk screeching on the blackboard. You know being math teacher and all..

*grin*

Good to see you back, even if posting a old piece. I liked it a lot.

01 April, 2009 01:04  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

gautami,
i know you will like the sound of chalk on blackboard. :)

it's a poem i dusted from my old journals. i am glad you like it. :)

01 April, 2009 21:07  
Blogger www.yesrousselot.wordpress.com said...

Writers block is also a favored subject of mine. Always the distractions, the need for tea, that ashtray needs emptying... etc ad infinitum.
But what i like most is the urban/tropical atmosphere - mozzies turned out to be inspiring, it's about time those useless parasites were put to good use.

04 April, 2009 23:43  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Hi, AnOminous Mistake

Thank you for your comments. yeah, those pesky mozzies do have some use after all. :)

good thing writers block don't last long. anyway, if i do stumble upon it, i will try to forget writing for a while, and do some other stuff like video games..:)

05 April, 2009 19:20  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

good to see you back! (even though I'm late to say so. :)

09 April, 2009 12:27  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

andrew,

thank you! good to hear from you too.:)

10 April, 2009 00:33  
Anonymous Lynne said...

Hi,
I've felt these frustrations. I admire you for putting it in writing on your blog. Splat! There I whacked the mosquito with a magazine. :)
I identify with this piece so much from your writing, that I actually feel I'm about to perspire!

09 June, 2009 18:20  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

:D

Thanks for getting rid of the mosquito! :)

i wrote this piece a long time ago, didn't know i could wring something out of a warm tropic night.

i read from your blog post that the weather is hot at your place too. it's always hot & humid in june at the equator. :)

10 June, 2009 00:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home