Friday, January 01, 2010

going home

I would like to begin the year with a post of hope and sunshine.

Personally, 2009 is a fairly good year, though the work at the office is getting crazier. But hey, in these tough times, it's better to have some work than none.

This is a piece from my 2009 NaPoWriMo archives. I have not done any revisions to it, though I think that it can be improved.



drawing by Yun Ping
drawing by YunPing




going home


In the train going home, my daughter fell asleep in my lap. Minutes earlier, she was colouring pictures in a book, her face determined, intense. I did not know that Mickey Mouse had a red face, but that's how a six year old girl pictured it. The crayon was still in her hand, and I gently removed it, packed it back in the box of colours and kept it in her bag with the book and bottles. Even in the cool air, her face was warm, and I wiped perspiration off it. Holding her, I settled down in the seat for the journey home.

And that was when I saw the lady in the opposite seat smiled at us.


30/04/09
********



About the drawing. It is from the cover of a card, done in color markers, by my daughter when she was about six years of age. It is a bit yellowed now, but I am still keeping it. :)

© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 )

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger gautami tripathy said...

It is worth keeping, isn't it?

Wish you a very happy, creative new year!

02 January, 2010 01:11  
Anonymous Simply Poet said...

you have anawesome collection oof poetry

do check out
www.simplypoet.com

Login and post so that people can appreciate your wonderful verse and get to know that poets like you are still there and blogging !!

02 January, 2010 22:42  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

gautami,
it sure is! and thanks for the greetings! :)


thank you, Simply Poet.
yeah, i will check it out. :)

02 January, 2010 23:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

09 January, 2010 03:25  
Blogger magiceye said...

that sure is very touching

heres wishing you and yours a super duper 2010!!

09 January, 2010 12:22  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Hi Anon

thanks for your comments! a case of the writer getting older, the better? :)


magiceye

it's nice to hear from you. :)

09 January, 2010 22:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home