Saturday, March 23, 2019

National Poetry Competition 2019



image by maciiej326 at pixabay


National Poetry Competition 2019


I submitted a poem to the National Poetry Competition 2019 at the Poetry Festival Singapore. The theme was "Metamorphosis". I kind of like what I wrote. Perhaps I have softened to mush?

I submitted it on the deadline (you know i like to get things done on the last minute) and was supposed to get a confirmation email about the submission. There was none and I thought it was a minor glitch.

So recently I emailed the organisers regarding the confirmation. And gawd! no, they have not received my entry I submitted on their online form. Perhaps this is a lesson to be learnt for last minute work.

Anyway, the good people at Poetry Festival SG had kindly made an exception, and allowed me to resubmit my entry via mail. I am keeping my fingers crossed now.

Update 19/05/2019 : No, the poem I submitted was not among the finalists. It will be up on this blog soon. :)





© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ) 2019

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home