Sunday, March 31, 2019

autobiography of a reluctant scarecrow

A picture that shouts "prompt!".


photo by Jim Semonik at pixabay



autobiography of a reluctant scarecrow


Say, do you know a place for a good bath? No acid, no sulphur, no coca cola. Some WD40 welcomed. Nothing fancy. I have been standing in for those damn scarecrows for the past ten years maybe. They went to town for a drink, chase some barmaids, eat some steak, promise to be back by ten, and never came back. The sun mocks me, sending its best cavalry of sharpened lances, the moon just laughs, sometimes so hard it chokes stars. Last heard, the sheriff found turfs of straw that reeked of alcohol on the interstate. I think it is time to move on. Say, do you know a place for a good bath?


26/03/2019
**********






“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy






© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ) 2019

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

This made me smile, especially the idea of the moon laughing. We give it good reason to! Nice to read you, Lee San.

31 March, 2019 23:59  
Blogger brudberg said...

There is something endlessly sad of a car left like that.

01 April, 2019 00:01  
Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

I enjoyed this one especially the part where chase some barmaids, eat some steak and promise to be back by ten 😊

01 April, 2019 01:10  
Blogger Wendy Bourke said...

Love it! This is awesome - and so-o-o-o unique and fresh. I could read a book of pieces, with this quality of writing, in one sitting!!!

01 April, 2019 04:11  
Blogger ZQ said...

Haha Awesome metaphor!
Glad to see you too : )
ZQ

01 April, 2019 05:01  
Blogger Myrna R. said...

Well, maybe this car is ignoring that it found its true purpose. I doubt anyone knows where it can take a bath.
This was fun.

01 April, 2019 05:46  
Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I love everything about this piece--the title made me smirk, your intro line gave me a serious case of the giggles (so true!), and the rest... well, I wish I had a spot for that beauty. I would bathe it myself! I mean, look at those curves.

01 April, 2019 10:40  
Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I love the voice of your reluctant scarecrow.

01 April, 2019 11:56  
Blogger Thotpurge said...

Too good! Love how unique this voice is!

01 April, 2019 12:22  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Sherry,


thank you! :)


Bjorn,

yes, it is. imagine what a beauty it will be if it is restored.


Sanaa,

bad, bad scarecrows! :)

01 April, 2019 16:39  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Wendy,

thank you! i have another "autobiography" sitting in the hard disc just waiting to be published. :)


ZQ,

glad to see you, friend. :)


Myrna,

i doubt it will make an effective scarecrow. :)

01 April, 2019 17:03  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Magaly,

yo, those curves! :)


Rosemary,

a weary voice perhaps?
thank you.


Thotpurge,

Thank you! :)

01 April, 2019 22:45  
Blogger Whitesnake said...

It is sad that something once beautiful can be left to the elements.

02 April, 2019 03:52  
Anonymous dsnake1 said...

sad indeed.
i am guessing you are an enthusiast of all things motor - cars, bikes, trucks?

02 April, 2019 22:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home