Sunday, May 28, 2006

Photo-Poetry Challenge : Photo 8

Here's something I wrote for my late wife.

I was thinking of what to write on this photo, when I lit a cigarette and looked out of the window at the night scenes. A storm was brewing, the clouds were turning a shade of leaden red, and my thoughts turned to her.

And the words just came out, just like that. The mind is a strange master. Stranger still, it did not rain that night.

-----------------



image by Bluesky_Liz

Helpless

to have lost you,
as i watched helpless,
         gut-wrenched,
as the lymphoma devoured you,
just leaving you
skin on bones,

shutting out my light,
as a storm's clouds
obscuring the sun,

and you,
never giving up the fight,
i felt,
i felt
so utterly
useless.


24.05.06
********

6 Comments:

Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Reading your poem reminds me of a question i once posed to my husband. I asked him, if i were to die before him, how long would it take him to get over me. An estimate would do.
And he says, he doesn't think anyone gets over someone. But they just learn to manage to live with the pain of the loss somehow.

*hug*

29 May, 2006 14:35  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

This certainly is quite a punch to the gut.

29 May, 2006 20:28  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

medusa,
touch wood!
i think you have a very good hubby who really love you. Lucky gal!

liz,
i was thinking of her sufferings & pain she was going through when i wrote this.

29 May, 2006 23:22  
Blogger Alson Teo said...

One of your best, my friend! :)

30 May, 2006 01:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.

- Liz

30 May, 2006 09:40  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

thanks, guys!

30 May, 2006 23:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home