Thursday, October 27, 2005

Writing




Writing is fun, writing can be a chore. But above all, writing is about passion.


Sure, all of us can write. Out of necessity, because of the nature of our work, or there is a damn report to file. Or a need to communicate, to complain, to praise , to apologise. Or we write because we love to, we have The Next Big Novel to publish, the Greatest Poem to share with the world.


Yes, I'm still an old-fashioned guy when it comes to writing. I like writing with a pencil on paper. In the old days before the PC and the word processor, I bashed out the finished product on an old Olivetti typewriter. Now the computer makes us lazy.


So here is a poem about writing, written some time back. (Sorry, not the Greatest Poem).
-----------------


WRITING


sometimes

i struggled

with blunt pencil

record fleeting thoughts

on torn computer paper


in hope

that these squiggles

would see light

in a book .


30-05-89

5 Comments:

Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

I agree -- there's something different about writing on paper.

I'm in between. I like to jot down ideas and do the first rough draft on paper, but I like to do the actual writing on the computer.

>> Sorry, not the Greatest Poem

I like it. I can relate to it. :)

28 October, 2005 19:15  
Blogger Orso Dorato said...

It's not all that bad. I use paper before i even touch a keyboard so it strikes a chord with me

29 October, 2005 00:01  
Blogger floots said...

i much prefer paper
but
the computer makes me write

29 October, 2005 14:20  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

folks,
it looks like paper is still in vogue.

for me, i like to see the chicken scrawls i made on the paper, it represents my thoughts and mood at that point in time. like a piece of art!

DP, i also carry a little black book around, won't know when my muse will decide to wake up!

29 October, 2005 15:08  
Blogger kittyn said...

hmmm....when did I realise i liked writing?? was in secondary school and on paper because i didn't have convenient access to computers yet...

nowadays, I prefer to write using the computer... perhaps i like the speed at which I can edit and i hate my own handwriting...and I much rather store my drafts in the computer than leave them lying around...got enough mess around my room already...

02 November, 2005 09:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home