Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Birthday



Today would be her birthday if she's still alive.

The thought just came to me as i was having a smoking break from the mayhem in the office.
If she's still alive. There would be a card, dining out, a stiff shot of vodka or a beer.
Have I became so forgetful? Maybe a little part of me had died with her the night she left me.

Here is a poem I wrote for my late wife while she was alive. I wrote it in less than an hour, then
read it to her and she smiled at my silliness. It has remained one of my favourite poems, although I felt that it wasn't very well written.

--------

Birthday

i will love her
till photons are what's left of this world

sorry i can't provide her with more.
how much can a tech give ?
a card on her special day
a wish, a gift, a belief.

Today we walked in the rain
and had a meal at Burger King
very ordinary day it seems,
but today was her birthday.
Wish you all the best, girl,
stay young, at least in my eyes,
stay free, stay radiant as every sunrise.

21.09.87

--------

9 Comments:

Blogger GK said...

So sorry to hear that. Hope that time has healed the pain ...

22 September, 2005 16:23  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thanks, gilbert.
I'm okay. Time will heal all wounds..

I posted this because I haven't posted anything for a few days, and thought that this may be appropriate.

22 September, 2005 23:29  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

I'm so sorry you lost your wife. At least she clearly knew what it was like to be deeply loved during her lifetime. The words are lovely because they are honest, simple, and real. She must have enjoyed it.

23 September, 2005 03:44  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with twistednoggin, it was well said and I feel that the poem came from your heart and what more can you ask for then that.
David

23 September, 2005 09:15  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thanks, guys, for all your comments.
You all are so kind.

23 September, 2005 15:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it doesn't matter how technically well a poem is written, as long as the audience is able to feel wat the poet is trying to put across... and for tat, u deserve a rd of applause....

ur wife is really a blessed woman... :)

30 September, 2005 10:59  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

panda,
thanks for your comments :)

02 October, 2005 23:48  
Blogger temppixie said...

Beautiful, heart wrenching, trueful. You gave your wife your love, and thats more than most have. I lost my mum to cancer 12 yrs ago, and this brought the tears and the fears back, but it is a good thing, for your words will mean she is forever remembered, evn after the last protron.

11 October, 2005 02:52  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

temppixie,
thanks for dropping by, and glad that you like the poem.

14 October, 2005 23:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home