Sunday, August 28, 2005

poem 4 : Unnamed track, Sarimbun, at noon

poem :Unnamed Track,Sarimbun, at noon



Somehow
         i drew sentry duty
        what shitty luck
            the old tattered red flag
        hung limp
        in the hot noon.
        who will notice this warning
        in this free-fire zone ?
        i yawned
        while the blazing sun
        burns mud, churned up by creaking V2s
        baked soil to fossilised
                furrows
        i lay belligerently in the tall grass
        swatting mosquitos
            chain smoking
            dreaming
        of my village girls
        their smiles, their thighs,their etc
        as 20mm Oerliekon shells
        shattered wooden targets
Somewhere.

01-12-89

---------------------------
Notes : I wrote this poem about a sentry duty I did at a live range during my army service. The job is to prevent people wandering into the range and get themselves blown up. Nothing happens much during such duties, it was always hot and boring.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

blogging taking up a lot of my time. But it's interesting!
See, hardly post at DPS(S)since!!
must go there and post some crap!

BTW, how's my blog?

30 August, 2005 17:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I post my own poems only, it will be too boring to the readers, right? (Unless the poems are very good!)
Haven't really made up my mind, maybe some crap from my Useless Stuff site,(really crap!), some thoughts and opinions (like having to go to work at 3a.m. in the morning), some posts from sgforums (any copyright issues?). Maybe I will some of your poems here too (don't mind?)

It's driving me crazy.

01 September, 2005 21:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey DP
thank goodness no more waking up
in the middle of the night to go to work for the past 2 months (especially during the 7th month!)

BTW, where are the places online where our poems can be published?

07 September, 2005 23:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home