Sunday, June 30, 2019

your eyes

to look into your eyes and see eternity...



photo by BarbaraALane at pixabay



your eyes


the eyes
are the open windows
to the soul
and in the moments that i look
deep into them
though they are clouded
because of the pain
they still burn with a flame
of fight

your eyes
smile like the first day
i met you
though there is a flicker
of regret
knowing that our days
together
will be like sand out of
our fingers

my eyes
are the dikes breaking
please don't
let her see my weakness
my fears
but a single tear
warm and salty rolls down
my cheeks

and then a frail hand touches my face.




written 15/05/2008
revised 15/05/2019






Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb





© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ) 2019

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

It is good to share the vulnerability and the fears. Not weakness, but intimacy. I love the tender scene painted here.

30 June, 2019 23:57  
Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Moving--the eyes as both holding experience and communicating through that experience gave me shivers.

01 July, 2019 02:47  
Blogger Mary said...

What a deep poem here. I can feel the intensity of both sets of eyes, their feeling, their communication!

01 July, 2019 03:29  
Blogger brudberg said...

To drown in each other's eyes... what a wonderful and bittersweet thing when parting is near.

01 July, 2019 04:09  
Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Oh gosh this is incredibly romantic!!💖💖 Indeed, there lie so many emotions in the other person's eye.

01 July, 2019 06:02  
Blogger ZQ said...

That was awesome. Always a joy to read you.
ZQ

01 July, 2019 09:11  
Blogger Old Egg said...

A touching scene as a loved one lays ill and dying. For those of us that have experienced this it is one of the hardest things to bear.

01 July, 2019 14:55  
Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Beautifully said. Reminded me of a similar moment, when I could not prevent my tears and my dying husband comforted me.

01 July, 2019 20:56  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Sherry,

thank you.
yes, certainly the vulnerability and the fears...


Chrissa,

ah, sometimes words are not necessary...


Mary,

thank you!

01 July, 2019 22:35  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Bjorn,

bittersweet, mostly. :)


Sanaa,

Thank you!


ZQ,

always great to hear from you. :)

01 July, 2019 23:06  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Robin,

yes, it is one of the hardest things to bear. i was writing this with my late wife in mind.


Rosemary,

despite their pain, they still want to comfort us...

01 July, 2019 23:39  
Blogger A Cuban In London said...

Beautiful. Especially the last line. Thanks. :-)

05 July, 2019 21:01  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thank you, Cuban! :)

05 July, 2019 21:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home