Saturday, December 09, 2006

Children's Words


image by dsnake1

Very Young Writers


Sigh. The creative juices are dry. The Muse went into hiding again. Piece after piece of crushed paper tossed into the wastebasket.

Think I will show some other people's writings today.From twelve years olds.

My kid has this little book where she asked her school friends to pen some thoughts, poems or drawings when she was leaving her primary school. She was going to throw it away the other day but I picked it back and told her, hey, one day, when you are old and forgetful, you still can remember what friends you have.

There's nothing from me this week. So, here are some budding poets in action:

-----------------------



Roses are red
Violets are blue
You are sweet
Maybe true.

Grace

Comment : hmm, maybe she's being honest.

----------------------------

You no money
You no care
U go marry a millionaire
If he dies
You don't cry
You go marry
Another guy.

Wei Ting

Comment : what's this??
-------------------

Birds fly high
Hard to catch
Friends like U
hard to forget

Nurfarzanah

------------------

Stupid fool, you go to school
On the way you saw a tool
You said to yourself "better be carefool"
because today is APRIL FOOL!

Yile

Comment : Watch that speling!
-------------

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger polona said...

these are sweet!
thank you for sharing :)
hope your muse returns soon

11 December, 2006 04:34  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

These are great!!! Thanks for sharing!

11 December, 2006 07:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i'm not mistaken, this are copyright by me... DAD!!!

11 December, 2006 21:53  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

hi polona,
you're welcome, thank you! about the muse, bad habit she has, wandering off as she likes. :)

pat,
thank you. i really ran out of ideas. :)

11 December, 2006 22:47  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

oh apple,
Sigh! what are u doing at this blog?
you threw away your book, remember? :)

11 December, 2006 22:53  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

I like this post. I am a teacher and the kind of verse I get from my students, I think I should post those too. A few are unbelievable!

You can't force your muse. It will return, just let it be.

12 December, 2006 16:51  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

guatami,
thank you! i want to see those verses from your students too! :)

12 December, 2006 17:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygod, they're still doing that "birds fly high..." thingy?! I had those in MY primary school autograph book! Sigh...brings back memories.
Eh, I like that 'you no money, you dont care' poem. Punchy!

-expiringpoet

13 December, 2006 13:02  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

those thingys are timeless classics? :)

13 December, 2006 22:30  
Blogger kittyn said...

so cute... makes me wonder where I packed my own primary school autograph books... kekeke

14 December, 2006 18:15  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

cute, right? :)
thank you, kittyn.

15 December, 2006 00:15  
Blogger Irene said...

You just gotta love the candid honesty of children!

This post brought a smile to my day! Thanks for sharing. =)

15 December, 2006 07:40  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

hi irene,
thanks for visiting. :)

15 December, 2006 09:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home