Sunday, June 03, 2018

rendezvous

This installation : Illumaphonium by Michael Davis of the United Kingdom.


photo by YunPing




rendezvous


She said, "you should
come up here more often,

it is quiet and chilly
and i get a bit lonely",

but i am not too sure
because the boy Icarus

dropped into the sea
the other day while

we were trying to
fly to Mars.


09/05/2018
**********

My daughter was at the recently concluded festival I Light Marina Bay, and took pictures of the light installations there. She asked me if i would like to add some words to the photos. These 5 were the results. Not much, I know from more than 20 installations.

Simultaneous publication at my other blog, i write too. If you want to see the other installations and read the accompanying haiku, click HERE.





© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ), 2018

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger annell4 said...

Looks like a beautiful light display.

03 June, 2018 22:08  
Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Imaginative and quite wonderful!

03 June, 2018 22:49  
Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is really cool!

04 June, 2018 05:30  
Blogger Myrna R. said...

This made me chuckle a little. Oh that Icarus. Made me wonder if we'll burn trying to get to Mars.

04 June, 2018 05:38  
Blogger Mary said...

I liked the way you evoked Icarus in this poem! That festival must have been quite something to experience.

04 June, 2018 08:00  
Blogger ZQ said...

Of course I had to look up "Illumaphonium"...COOL!
Your piece was excellent.
ZQ

04 June, 2018 08:16  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

😊nice witty one Cheong Lee san

Much♥️love

04 June, 2018 09:20  
Blogger Old Egg said...

Father knew best and Icarus just had to ignore his advice. Kids just don't listen do they?

04 June, 2018 09:35  
Anonymous dsnake1 said...

annell,

it is. my daughter told me most of the installations are interactive. wished i had attended, but i was having some health issues then.


Sherry,

thank you! :)


Sanaa,

thank you! :)

04 June, 2018 09:56  
Anonymous dsnake1 said...

Myrna,

:)
there is now talk of colonization of Mars. will mess up the place there, no doubt.


Mary,

it is. my daughter told me it was an eye-opener.


ZQ,

i had to look it up too. :)


gillena,

thank you. :)


Robin,

haha, they don't. they have their own way of doing things. :)

04 June, 2018 16:12  
Blogger hyperCRYPTICal said...

I wouldn't be sure either...
I love the story in your words.
Anna :o]

05 June, 2018 02:02  
Blogger A Cuban In London said...

Loved that Icarus reference. Great poem.

05 June, 2018 04:55  
Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, how delightfully imagined!

(I looked it up too, and now I want my own illumaphonium!)

05 June, 2018 15:48  
Anonymous dsnake1 said...

Anna,

thank you! :)


Cuban,

glad to see you! :)


Rosemary,

:D

05 June, 2018 21:41  
Blogger Luk Lei said...

Beautifully, imaginative! I hope you all are also surviving the media storm from the summit as well!

12 June, 2018 12:11  
Anonymous dsnake1 said...

oh wow, great to hear from you!
ah, that summit. more like a PR exercise for trump. maybe it shouldn't be hosted in the first place, nothing new comes out of it that the earlier summit between the 2 Koreas had agreed.

13 June, 2018 21:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home