Friday, February 20, 2009

Re-post : Rain Trees, Bedok South

I have been very busy lately, so I guess I will just do a re-post (old excuse!), a work I posted in this blog in 2006.

I like the nature poem and photo that blogger/poet S. L. Corsua posted in her blog recently. I hope she will enjoy this poem. :)


Pencil drawing of a Rain Tree
pencil drawing by dsnake1



Rain Trees, Bedok South



I have passed this road
     countless times,
where the rain trees stood
like ancient sentinels,
walked in the shadows
of their giant arms,

but have not seen
them
     flower
         like this,

splashes of pink
lacing their leaves,
as painted by Matisse.
all these years
they brooded

and today
finally
     they
         smiled.


13.3.06

********


The image is a scan of a pencil drawing of a Rain Tree at the Botanic Gardens, Singapore.

My office is at a place called Bedok South. An avenue lined with ancient rain trees leads to my workplace.

Image and poem © cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ).

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger polona said...

must have been a gorgeous sight.
beautifully depicted.

23 February, 2009 01:03  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

it was pretty impressive, when all those trees flower at the same time. :)

23 February, 2009 23:58  
Blogger magiceye said...

this is so beautiful!

26 February, 2009 17:16  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

thank you, magiceye!

26 February, 2009 23:16  
Blogger AMIT said...

Thank You for writing such a good post.

Write poetry

26 March, 2009 15:49  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Hi AMIT

thanks for visiting! :)

26 March, 2009 23:19  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

Oh, I am so sorry I missed this; I've been gone for months and have just recently resumed blogging, and of course, hopping. ;) There's movement in this poem, in the sense of fast-forwarding the slow process of a tree flowering -- I love the effect. The pause in the second stanza is quite effective.

Thank you for the special mention. Will be catching up on your NaPoWriMo pieces in due time. Cheers!

30 April, 2009 10:01  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Hi S.L.
I am so glad to see you blogging again. :)
Thank you for your comments.

I am surprised, and glad, that i completed NaPoWriMo, despite hectic days at work. I plan to edit/rewrite some of the pieces to improve on them. :)

30 April, 2009 22:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home