Friday, May 11, 2007

Golden Point Award 2007

Golden Point Awards 2007
image from www.nac.gov.sg

The Golden Point Award, 2007


It's here again, the biennial Golden Point Award. It is Singapore's premiere creative writing competition, open to its citizens and Permanent Residents. Click here for more details.

It seems that for this year's competition, authors who have published a solo work are not allowed to take part. Writers who have been published in journals or anthologies, whether on-line or print, are still eligible to participate. There have been some outcry over this new rule, as this is still a national competition. Previously, as long as you are a citizen or a PR, you are eligible.

I am not sure I will be taking part. (yes, I am eligible, I have no books to my name, and blogs do not count!). I have prepared, and in the process of editing some poems that I may be sending to the competition. In my opinion, the works are much better than the batch I submitted for the competition 4 years ago. I did not take part in the 2005 edition. If I do not submit them for the competition, I will be posting it on this blog. :D


Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dsnake,
I hope you decide to enter.
I enjoy your writings very much.

11 May, 2007 11:41  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Best of luck with your entries.

Now that I haved wished you, you have to participate..

11 May, 2007 12:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up. I hope you decide to enter too. If I may insist, you MUST. I love your work.

- Liz

11 May, 2007 15:43  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

I agree with GEL Submit!!

11 May, 2007 21:37  
Blogger magiceye said...

my best wishes ....

am sure you will do very well!

11 May, 2007 22:35  
Blogger polona said...

good luck with your submissions! :)

12 May, 2007 03:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there dsnake: I've been disqualified as I was 1st prize winner in 2005. Yeah, they changed the rules on that too. :(

Anyway all the best. Hope you win something. Really. If you think it would be helpful, I'm happy to help you by going thru the poems you want to submit, and giving you my two cents' worth.

Think you have my email address, yes?

12 May, 2007 15:42  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

gel,
thank you, i will try. :)

gautami,
looks like i do not have a choice. :)

Liz,
thanks! problem is time, the work at the office is quite bad, but i really like to write. anyway, 2 and a half months to deadline.

So are you taking part? :)

pat,
Yes, sir!

magiceye,
that's very kind of you. :)

polona,
thank you! looks like i have no choice again. :)

hi gilbert,
yeah, they eliminated a tough competitor with a little rule :)

thanks for your offer of helping me out with the submissions, i really value your comments. After i have sorted out the mess in the hard drive and scraps of paper, i will mail to you. At the moment, some are still rough drafts.

and yes, i have your email address. :)

12 May, 2007 21:41  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

Yeah, I'll do it, even though right now, I don't know what I'll actually send in yet. I know my stuff probably not even make it pass the first pickings, but I'll do my best anyway. One good reason to motivate me to continue writing. It's always nice to have something to go for.

12 May, 2007 21:59  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

that's it Liz, go for it. You won't know unless you have tried. this type of motivation will help you improve your craft. who knows, maybe the judges do like your works. :)

i am preparing a series about my stay in Bukit Merah during my younger days. interesting place. :)

12 May, 2007 22:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At last! Ready to have some fun brother? :)

19 May, 2007 01:52  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

hey alson,
it's hard work! :)

so, are you entering?

20 May, 2007 07:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home