Saturday, September 30, 2006

that's me!

A recent photo of me, taken at the mangrove swamps at Pasir Ris, Singapore. Usually I don't like to have photos taken, they have always turn out , unsatisfactory. But for once, what the heck, here I am!


That's me
image by dsnake1


That's me, folks. The years show in the face and thinning hair. Have been through some rough times, but I guessed I have been a lucky guy. Had worked as a construction worker, nightclub waiter, factory hand, private tutor, and served two and a half years in the army. Now I am a "senior technical executive" in a telephone company, but it is a junior post. Go figure that out.

I could have been a journalist, but that's how life turns out. Nothing remotely connected with the arts. And here I am, my main interest, illustration and poetry. Weird guy, or maybe took a wrong turn on a road somewhere in time.

I wish I could spend more time playing than working, but the realities of life makes that just wishful thinking. But then again, there's no harm dreaming.


11 Comments:

Blogger floots said...

you're younger than me
and
you've got a better mountain bike than me
(you must be doing something right) :)
nice shot
thanks for letting us see it

01 October, 2006 20:01  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

my favourite mountain bike, light and fast, yeah.

thank you, floots!

01 October, 2006 22:53  
Blogger polona said...

nice to see you.
and quite a life you've had so far (checked the links to your previous posts, good stuff!)

02 October, 2006 00:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been so many things that your life experiences must be very rich.

Nice pic, looking fit!

- Liz

02 October, 2006 14:14  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

hi polona,
thank you! glad you like my previous posts.
i guess i had quite a life, especially in my youth, but i think most of us will also have interesting stories to tell. :)

hey liz,
thanks!
lately i have not been able to exercise as much as i would like.

and rich experience = old age! :D

03 October, 2006 00:12  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

waaaahh....athletic shot. Very nice! Now, you must put the glam-shot, the macho-male shot. Complete series!
Anyway, sounds like you've had an extremely colourful life! Mine's not half as exciting :(

03 October, 2006 20:04  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

no lah, what glam shot, wait till you see me in person! :D

03 October, 2006 23:15  
Blogger GK said...

Haha! Now I know what you like. One day, we shall bump into each other in the streets, and I will say, "....Heyyyy .... Dsnake ...."

03 October, 2006 23:44  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

heh, and people will run off when they hear you shout my nick! :)

04 October, 2006 00:14  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Ditto Floots!! And I'm still a construction worker, some days.

05 October, 2006 06:02  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

hi pat,
thanks!
i am trying to tone down that beer belly. :)

07 October, 2006 12:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home