Saturday, December 15, 2007

Letters from Bukit Merah

This is the first poem in the collection of English poetry that I submitted for the Golden Point Award competition.

It does not even look like a poem, and on hindsight, maybe I should not have submitted it. But the damage has been done. First impression counts. The idea is, by using this, it serves as an introduction, to the subject and theme that is to follow.

So, here's the hors d'oeuvre.


Singapore stamp, people with singing birds
image by dsnake1



Letters from Bukit Merah




Because the rent is cheap,
and i do not have much money,

and it is only a ten minutes
walk to my workplace,
what would you have done in my shoes?


17.05.07
********
© dsnake1


Note : Bukit Merah is one of the earliest public housing estates in Singapore.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well awards or not ...its light poem and touch the heart

Nasra

16 December, 2007 03:23  
Blogger polona said...

well, it's an intriguing opening and makes me want more.

16 December, 2007 05:01  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Nasra,
thank you. :)

polona,
more to come. 8 in the entry. :)

16 December, 2007 07:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. I think what I like about your work is the down-to-earthness.

- Liz

23 December, 2007 07:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz,
thank you.

just writing what i saw. :)

23 December, 2007 14:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home