Thursday, July 21, 2011

Poets' Rally Week 48 Perfect Poet Award

I am so happy to be nominated for this Perfect Poet award. Though I am far from perfect, I will strive to be, so I will grab the award anyway. :)

Thanks, Promising Poets' Poetry Cafe, for all this support and encouragement, and thanks, Ravenblack, for nominating me. :)






And to go with the award, here's a haiku I wrote which is one of my personal favourites...



Rust


missing dad.

sandpapering rust
off his old tool box.




© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ) 2011

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Ravenblack said...

Well deserved, dsnake.

And a very good haiku. The image of the son superimposing over the father sandpapering the toolbox. :)

22 July, 2011 12:06  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

thanks, Liz!

i guess that's the picture i would like to paint to the readers. :)

22 July, 2011 19:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award, and I'm envious of your haikuing ability. Never managed one yet, great stuff :)

22 July, 2011 22:01  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

:D

thanks, disjointedrhymings !

i think you will have no problem tackling a haiku. :)

22 July, 2011 23:17  
Anonymous Jingle said...

well deserved award, thanks for the acceptance and nomination.
way to go.

23 July, 2011 08:27  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thanks, Jingle!

really appreciate the work you and your officials put into the community.

23 July, 2011 22:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home