Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Poets Rally Week 44 Perfect Poet Award

Thanks, Jingle, for the award!

Before I discovered blogging, I was wondering where I can put my poems on-line. I thought of putting it in a personal website but it was too much work (those were the days of manual coding )Then I found Blogger, and as the old cliche goes...

I am posting this old poem for the award. I wrote this poem, expressing my desire to find a medium to show my works. Before I grow old. :)





photo by chaka at morguefile.com




BIGO


rust biting on hard joints
some say you don't look
a day over forty
lies are sweeter on the ears
damn, my left knee hurts again
i have, how many, five?
old notebooks of
       poems
in fading pencil
to etch to .htm format
       any luck ?
in how many, five, ten years ?
       online

time is short & the water rises.



15-02-2003
**********




©cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ) 2011

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger The Poet said...

"some say you don't look
a day over forty
lies are sweeter on the ears"...nice.

Good that you can now express so freely here at Blogland.

Congrats on the award!

(Thanks for coming by my blog)

26 May, 2011 02:23  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

it's a pleasure reading your blog, Andy. :)

thanks for your comments!

26 May, 2011 08:50  
Anonymous Liz Lim said...

Congrats and well deserved, dsnake. :)

I might reopen a writing blog again someday I think. I came to realise the best place to store one's work is online -- it seems hard to lose things on the internet. I just found a website I made 10 years ago on Internet Archive and I thought it was gone for good. :D

27 May, 2011 15:21  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

hey Liz,

i really hope that you would start writing again. :)

it's scary, isn't it, hard to lose things on the internet? :) i have an old website too, it's still there but i have stopped updating it. and it's still getting visitors, omg! i thought of deleting it, but it's the first functioning website i created, and mostly by manual coding, so i am sort of reluctant to let it go. :)

27 May, 2011 21:03  
Blogger Unknown said...

well deserved award. keep smiling.

29 May, 2011 05:52  
Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings:

How are you?

Check out our short story slam today,

We love creativity, your contribution is invaulable to us.

Cheers.
Happy Saturday.

xoxox

29 May, 2011 05:52  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

thank you! :)

29 May, 2011 21:45  
Anonymous Jay said...

Congrats on the award! A well deserved one I should say. And beautiful work as always. Wow really? Five notebooks? Well, get em online for the benefit of us poetry crazy human beings to read! :)

29 May, 2011 22:54  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

thank you, Jay!

yeah, some of them are already online, some are being re-work, and some will never see the light of day.

i still like to write on paper. :)

30 May, 2011 19:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home