Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Talked too soon...

I have been telling myself that I was pretty lucky I had not been called back to work in the middle of the night for the past two months. June was very bad and I was wondering if I was a vampire as I was spending more of my waking hours in the night than in the day.

Talked too soon. This morning around 1 a.m., after I have just turned off the PC, the boss called. Some stupid data line needs to be fixed. I looked at the sky, it doesn't look too friendly, it was an angry sort of reddish grey colour. Earlier in the evening, I was drenched in the rain on my way back.


I dragged myself downstairs, got a cab whose driver looked at me very suspiciously, reached the office and did my stuff. Calling some people here and there, and doing some technical tests, I had no one but shadows for companions. Lucky the Seventh Month was over.

Finally, I reached home at around 4 a.m. and congratulated myself for a speedy job in restoring that line. There were times that when it was done, it was time to visit the kopitiam for breakfast.

No, I am not going to talk about it again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Patry Francis said...

I had such a vivid image of you going out to work under that red sky. The loneliness of it. The inevitability. Nice writing.

16 September, 2005 02:24  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

DP, I wish I can talk about winning the lottery. I always dream about winning it, hehehe!!

16 September, 2005 20:25  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Hi patry francis,
thanks for dropping by.

Glad you like this piece of writing.

16 September, 2005 20:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home