Sunday, July 17, 2022

Hope

"Although the nation is done for,
I find new flowers."

*
from “Election Year” by Donald Revell

I was inspired by the lines from the above poem. This is a prompt from the Bibliomancy Oracle. It can work in hopeful ways. Also, Rommy at Poets and Storytellers United would like us to "to think about hope and what word brings up for you."



image by Prawny at pixabay



Hope


( 1 )


How we walk this road is just all in our minds
Over a path of flowers or roads of rubble, wires entwined
Probably we will meet a helping friend along the way
Extending a warm hand when there is none, we pray.



09/07/2022
**********


( 2 )



How wild the flowers and weeds grow on the roads
On rubble and fences and embracing the noon sun.

Politicians plotting of wrecking the world, pause
Examine this old flower, Earth, adrift in space.



15/07/2022
**********





Both are acrostic poems. I sort of prefer the first one, as it really seems to express hope, while the second is too subtle. The first rhymes too. I wish I have more time to work on them, but hey, deadline! 😄





U2 - Van Diemen's Land





© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ) 2022

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I love both poems. The first one is clear and on point. The second one offers hope as a seed, as a spark we most work to notices, accept, and watch grow.

17 July, 2022 01:48  
Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

They are both lovely acrostics. Me, I prefer the second, which I think particularly beautiful – but then, I like subtle.

17 July, 2022 10:00  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thank you, Magaly!

I am surprised I can come out with 2 poems. :)

17 July, 2022 10:15  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thank you, Rosemary!
Sometimes subtle is more. :)

17 July, 2022 10:20  
Blogger colleen said...

I'm stretching my mind to think it's all in our mind and remembering a single flower I saw growing through a crack in cement. I find that hopeful.

17 July, 2022 21:15  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thank you, Colleen!

Yes, a flower growing through a crack in cement is hopeful. I find in it resilience and courage too. :)

17 July, 2022 21:29  
Blogger magiceye said...

Loved the 1st one. Both are insightful.

17 July, 2022 22:22  
Blogger Rommy said...

The right friend at the right time is one of life's great gifts. I sure hope that politicians will realize that now is the time to make things better for the earth, because climate change is real and so are all the consequences of it.

18 July, 2022 05:56  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thank you, Rommy!

I hope there is still time to right things. :)

18 July, 2022 09:39  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Thank you, magiceye!

Blogger is still sending some comments to the spam folder, including yours!

18 July, 2022 09:41  
Blogger Helen said...

The good / bad ... evil / heartening. You have them covered here.

19 July, 2022 03:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, D.S, I like your Acrostic, right from the start of each stanza you use the word "How" and the you tell us how. How the "road" will interface with us as we travel it.
Good job!!
Jim,
jimmiehov6.blogspot.com
..
p.s. Thank you for coming to read my Acrostic.
..

19 July, 2022 12:30  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Helen,

Thank you!
good to know that I have the bases covered. :)


Jim,

Thank you!
It's a delight to read your acrostic poem too. :)

19 July, 2022 22:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home