Thursday, January 12, 2006

"Toolshed" To Be Published!


image by dsnake1

"Toolshed" in QLRS


I've got mail. From Hsien Min at QLRS.

The continuous rain in the past few days are playing havoc with the installations in my line of work. I have been working from Sundays through public holidays, I have turned grumpy and the first thing I did when I reached home was to turn on the game console and bash up a few villians, and then go to sleep.

The black mood continues with the rain until I received Hsien Min's mail today. Actually it was sitting in the mailbox for the past 2 days, but I was too tired to open it. The mail was like a burst of sunlight. You see, the poem "Toolshed" which I submitted to QLRS has been selected for publication. It will be in the next issue of this on-line literary journal.

Actually, I thought the poem will be rejected, having had no news from the editors. But I really worked hard on this piece, chopping, adding, and squeezing on this poem for a couple of months. Seems like the efforts are worth it, my first poem to be published in a journal like QLRS.

I have to go and pop a couple of beers.



12 Comments:

Blogger Alson Teo said...

Congratulation dsnake1!

How about a treat? You need more than a couple of beers to celebrate your achievement. :)

13 January, 2006 01:39  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

Well-deserved, dsnake! :)

13 January, 2006 07:01  
Blogger GK said...

Congrats! I said that was a very good poem, didn't I?

Now, it's Alson's and Liz's turn to get something published in QLRS. :)

13 January, 2006 15:49  
Blogger floots said...

well done
guinness for me please
be there in a second

13 January, 2006 21:00  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

alson, liz
Thanks to your comments & suggestions in the Poet's Tavern that i am able to clean up the poem! :)

gilbert,
i am honoured to have you commenting on the poem, your inputs are always so spot-on.
yeah, now it's alson's and liz's turn to get something published! :)

floots,
if only we could meet halfway and have a few drinks together!
Cheers!!

13 January, 2006 22:13  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Great news! It's so exciting to be published. I need to submit more of my work.

19 January, 2006 05:26  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

twistednoggin,
you are not bad yourself, go for it!

19 January, 2006 20:40  
Blogger Orso Dorato said...

Congrats sorry its been awhile ive been a bit preoccupied with work and all.

21 January, 2006 00:21  
Blogger Orso Dorato said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

21 January, 2006 00:21  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

hey orso,
good to hear from you again.

no problem, work is more important :)

21 January, 2006 20:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on having your work published.

24 January, 2006 23:17  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

sixteenbit,
thank you. it's a thrill for us closet poets to be published. :)

25 January, 2006 23:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home